When a new product is being developed or an existing product refined, the cable harness can often be the last consideration for a designer.
It is natural for any product to undergo a number of variations through the design stage from concept to prototype to final product and as such it is important that your cable harness manufacturer has the ability and flexibility to quickly adapt and incorporate any changes into the design of your wiring solution.
Our in-house project team at SIC ltd encounter this situation regularly when speaking to customers who have been let down by alternative sources who do not have the wealth of experience and on-site production facilities that we do. Our expertise helps to maintain even the most demanding project timelines and helps our customers avoid unforeseen delays.
We assign a project manager to all of our customer accounts who liaise with the customer as single point of contact throughout the order and this is often a consultative process with first time customer designs rigorously checked and evaluated to ensure that they are optimised for the customers’ requirements. This includes such factors as;
- Optimisation of the production process for manufacturing efficiency
- Using our buying power to source materials with minimal lead times
- Ensuring that the assembly is sufficiently protected against thermal damage (if required)
- Cable marking and striping as per the customers’ needs
- Soldering, tinning and termination of cables
- Waterproofing and mechanical protection
This is all part of our aspiration for manufacturing excellence and ensures that every cable harness solution we provide is fit for purpose, with the customer involved at all stages of the process to guarantee the highest quality product is provided on-time, every time.